Creative Expression Guidelines
A creative expression project may count as an Honors Experience if it is:
- A learning experience that contributes to your understanding of how ideas and concepts can be communicated through various forms of creative expression. The project may be of your own design, or it may be a faculty/mentor-initiated project in which you have substantial responsibility for carrying out the project and its resulting work, commensurate with your experience and level of expertise; and
- Supervised by a University of Minnesota faculty mentor holding any type of appointment (including clinical, emeritus, adjunct, research associate, assistant or associate professor, etc.), or by a mentor from an approved arts organization; and
- One semester in duration (or equivalent), representing a minimum time commitment of 45 hours over the course of the semester; and
- Paid or unpaid; for-credit or non-credit; completed under the auspices of the Undergraduate Research Opportunities Program (UROP) or not; and
- Not a part of regular requirements for a course or seminar; and
- Designed to include a final performance or creation.