The Learning Abroad Center at the University of Minnesota-Twin Cities is one of the nation's largest study abroad programs, with hundreds of opportunities in over 60 countries. The LAC website has a wide range of resources, including:
- A guide tailored to Honors students
- Information on conducting research abroad
- Information on the International Undergraduate Research Opportunities Program (IUROP) Scholarship
- Information on internships abroad
Learning Abroad Guidelines
The following guidelines apply only to students who began UHP prior to Fall 2018. Students beginning Fall 2018 or later should consult the Current Honors Requirements.
Study, research, or internships abroad may be used to fulfill Honors Experience requirements as follows:
- Full-term learning abroad experiences (fall semester, spring semester, May session or summer session) with registration in coursework earn students two Honors Experiences—coursework counts as an Honors course and the cultural experience counts as a non-course Honors Experience.
- Students completing two terms of study abroad in one academic year (with registration in coursework for both terms) will earn four Honors Experiences—two for the coursework and two for the cultural experience. This enables students to complete UHP's Honors Experience requirements for an entire academic year through learning abroad.
- Global seminars (including freshman seminars abroad) that include an abroad experience count as an Honors course and earn students one Honors Experience.
- An approved credit-bearing semester of learning abroad to complete a research or internship experience earns two Honors Experiences—one for the research or internship and one for the cultural experience.