Non-Course Honors Experiences
Examples of non-course Honors Experiences include:
- Faculty-Directed Research and Creative Expression Projects
- Learning Abroad
- Community Engagement Projects and Volunteering
- Honors NEXUS Experiences
- Tutoring, including the Twin Cities School Engagement Program
- Other experiences like National Student Exchange, certain summer jobs, and NEXUS One cohort projects may qualify under special circumstances. Begin the approval process by having a conversation with your advisor.
Experience Approval Process
This process applies only to students who began UHP prior to Fall 2018. Students beginning Fall 2018 or later will consult the Current Honors Requirements and use the Honors Reporting Center to document their experiences and submit them for approval.
Most non-course learning experiences must receive special approval.
- To get an idea of the types of learning experiences that are generally approved, review the non-course Honors Experience guidelines and resources listed on this page.
- Discuss any prospective experience with your honors advisor.
- At the end of each semester, use the Semester Honors Summary Form to document your experiences.