Honors Advising appointments will be provided in both in-person and online formats for the fall 2021 semester. To request a meeting with your Honors Advisor, please use the "schedule an appointment" links found for each advisor on our staff directory page. Starting September 7th, 2021, you can also call the UHP office at (612) 624-5522 to schedule an appointment.
Notice: The following policy is under review during the 2022-23 academic year due to UHP's year of transition and restructuring. It is possible that the advising appointment requirements will be relaxed—or even discontinued altogether—for the summer 2023 review period."
You are required to meet with your honors advisor on a regular basis to ensure that you are successfully meeting honors program requirements and taking advantage of available opportunities.
- Freshmen and sophomores must meet with their advisor every semester, with one of these appointments being in-person each year.
- Juniors and seniors must meet with their advisor at least once per year (in-person preferred).
A hold may be placed on your record if you fail to schedule a required advising appointment. This hold will prevent you from registering for the following semester.
Advisor Email Policy
- If you can't make it to office hours, it's OK to email your Honors Advisor with a quick question.
- Please allow 2–3 business days for a response.
- If you need immediate assistance, please contact the office.
Office Hours: In-Person and Virtual "Drop-In" Advising
Our Honors Advisors have regularly scheduled "drop-in" office hours, designed to help students with quick questions that require 10-15 minutes or less. Drop-in advising does not count as a "required appointment." Drop-in advising will be held both in-person and remotely for the spring 2022 semester, with the modality appearing on the calendar below. For remote drop-ins, just click the time slot (the advisor's name) and you will find the Zoom link in the "where" field. If your drop-in modality is remote, you will be placed in a waiting room, and students will be admitted in the order in which they arrive.