Non-Course Honors Experiences
Examples of non-course Honors Experiences include:
- Faculty-Directed research
- Creative expression projects
- Learning Abroad
- Community involvement projects and volunteering
- Honors NEXUS Experiences
- Language study beyond degree requirement (This applies only to students who began UHP prior to Fall 2018. Students beginning Fall 2018 or later should consult the Current Honors Requirements.)
- Tutoring (including Justice Page Middle School program) (For students starting Fall 2018 or later, CCEL Module is required to earn an Honors Experience)
Experience Approval Process
This process applies only to students who began UHP prior to Fall 2018. Students beginning Fall 2018 or later will consult the Current Honors Requirements and use the Honors WorkflowGen to document their experiences and submit them for approval.
Most non-course special learning experiences must receive special approval.
- To get an idea of the types of learning experiences that are generally approved, review the non-course Honors Experience guidelines and resources listed on this page.
- Discuss any prospective experience with your honors advsior.
- At the end of each semester, use the Semester Honors Summary Form to document your experiences.