Current U of M-Twin Cities and transfer students are accepted into the University Honors Program every fall semester on a space-available basis.
In order for your application to be considered, you must have:
- a minimum cumulative grade point average of 3.5
- a history of strong performance in major and prerequisite coursework
- a planned graduation date of spring 2025 or later (for students admitted fall 2023)
Please note that admission is highly competitive. The mean GPA for students admitted to the program is 3.86. Admitted students have also demonstrated a strong interest in research, scholarship, or artistic activity.
Application and Deadlines
- The application period for Fall 2023 admission is now open. APPLY TODAY.
- The deadline for current U of M–Twin Cities students to apply for fall 2023 post freshman admission is January 27, 2023
- The deadline for fall 2023 transfer students is June 1, 2023
We will hold information sessions on the following dates in November and January — you are encouraged to attend to learn more about the post-freshman admission process. November sessions will be held in 240 Northrop, and January Sessions will beheld in 301 Vincent. RSVP NOW!
- Monday, November 14, 2022, 2:30pm
- Wednesday, November 16, 2022, 9:00am
- Thursday, November 17, 2022, 12:15pm
- Monday, January 23, 2023, 12:15pm
- Tuesday, January 24, 2023, 3:30pm
Current U of M–Twin Cities students will be notified of their admission decision by March 2023.
Interested transfer students are encouraged to apply prior to receiving notice of admission to the U of M-Twin Cities campus. University Honors Program admission decisions will be sent the week following the June 1 application deadline.
If you have any questions regarding your UHP admissions decision, please contact the University Honors Program at email@example.com no later than two weeks following notification of your decision.