Current U of M-Twin Cities and transfer students are accepted into the University Honors Program every fall semester on a space-available basis.
In order for your application to be considered, you must have:
- a minimum cumulative grade point average of 3.5
- a history of strong performance in major and prerequisite coursework
- a planned graduation date of spring 2026 or later (for students admitted Fall 2024)
Please note that admission is highly competitive. The mean GPA for students admitted to the program is 3.86. Admitted students have also demonstrated a strong interest in research, scholarship, or artistic activity.
Application and Deadlines
- The application period for Fall 2024 admission will open later in the semester. Check back in mid-October for updates.
- We will hold information sessions for Fall 2024 prospective applicants in November and January.
Dates and times will be posted here when finalized.
- Current U of M-Twin Cities students applying for Fall 2024 will be notified of their admission decision in March 2024.
- Interested transfer students are encouraged to apply prior to receiving notice of admission to the U of M-Twin Cities campus. University Honors Program admission decisions will be sent the week following the June 1 application deadline.
If you have any questions regarding your UHP admissions decision, please contact the University Honors Program at firstname.lastname@example.org no later than two weeks following notification of your decision.