Admission After Freshman Year
Current U of M-Twin Cities and transfer students are accepted into the University Honors Program every fall semester on a space-available basis.
Eligibility RequirementsIn order for your application to be considered, you must have:
- a minimum cumulative grade point average of 3.5
- a history of strong performance in major and prerequisite coursework
- a planned graduation date of spring 2023 or later (for students admitted fall 2021)
Application and DeadlinesThe application period for Fall 2021 admission is now open. APPLY NOW!
- The deadline for current U of M–Twin Cities students to apply for fall 2021 post-freshman admission was January 29, 2021
- The deadline for fall 2021 transfer students is June 1, 2021
- Applications for fall 2022 admission will be posted sometime in October 2021.
Information SessionsQuestions about 2021 post-freshman admission or about UHP in general? We strongly encourage you to attend one of the information sessions listed below. All information sessions will be held via Zoom. RSVP for one of these info sessions and you will receive the Zoom link via email and/or GCal invite.
DecisionsCurrent U of M–Twin Cities students will be notified of their admission decision by March 2021.
Interested transfer students are encouraged to apply prior to receiving notice of admission to the U of M-Twin Cities campus. University Honors Program admission decisions will be sent the week following the June 1 application deadline.
If you have any questions regarding your UHP admissions decision, please contact the University Honors Program at firstname.lastname@example.org no later than two weeks following notification of your decision.