Admission After Freshman Year
Current U of M-Twin Cities and transfer students are accepted into the University Honors Program every fall semester on a space-available basis.
Eligibility RequirementsIn order for your application to be considered, you must have:
- a minimum cumulative grade point average of 3.5
- a history of strong performance in major and prerequisite coursework
- a planned graduation date of spring 2022 or later (for students admitted fall 2020)
Application and DeadlinesThe application period for fall 2020 admission is now open! Before applying, please read our brief instructions document.
- The deadline for current U of M–Twin Cities students to apply for fall 2020 post-freshman admission is January 31, 2020.
- The deadline for fall 2020 transfer students is June 1, 2020
- APPLY NOW!
Information SessionsQuestions about post-freshman admission or about UHP in general? We strongly encourage you to attend an information session, available on the following dates:
- Monday, Nov. 11th, 3:45pm, 240 Northrop
- Wednesday, Nov. 13th, 9:00am, 390 Northrop
- Thursday, Nov. 14th, 12:15pm, 240 Northrop
- Tuesday, Jan. 21st, 3:30pm, 240 Northrop
- Wednesday, Jan. 22nd, 10:00am, 240 Northrop
- Thursday, Jan. 23rd, 12:15pm, St. Paul campus (exact location TBD)
- RSVP for an information session now!
DecisionsCurrent U of M–Twin Cities students will be notified of their admission decision by March 2020.
Interested transfer students are encouraged to apply prior to receiving notice of admission to the U of M-Twin Cities campus. University Honors Program admission decisions will be sent the week following the June 1 application deadline.
If you have any questions regarding your UHP admissions decision, please contact the University Honors Program at firstname.lastname@example.org no later than two weeks following notification of your decision.