Plan ahead! Developing a project, completing research or creative work, and writing your thesis will be a year-long effort at a minimum. Consult with your honors advisor and honors faculty representative to determine a timeline that is appropriate for you.
Freshman & Sophomore Years
- Explore major options; meet with faculty teaching your courses
- Ask faculty and advisors about research opportunities in your department
- Get involved in research to develop topics of interest
- Discuss thesis options with appropriate faculty
- Select a faculty supervisor and additional readers (if required)
- Review current literature
- Define your thesis topic
- Begin (or continue) thesis research
Senior Year, fall
- Submit your Thesis Proposal form by the established deadline using the Honors Reporting Center.
- Finish thesis research
- Establish a comprehensive outline to inform your preliminary draft
- Submit a preliminary draft to your faculty supervisor
Senior Year, spring
- Please consult your faculty supervisor for discipline-specific guidelines
- Submit final draft to supervisor and readers by the established deadline.
- Submit revised draft to committee and arrange public presentation (if presentation is required by your department) by the established deadline.
- Submit your Thesis Completion by the established deadline using the Honors Reporting Center.
- Submit PDF copy of thesis according to submission guidelines.