Honors Thesis Guide
An honors thesis is required of all students graduating with any level of Latin honors. It is an excellent opportunity for undergraduates to define and investigate a topic in depth, and to complete an extended written reflection of their results & understanding. The work leading to the thesis is excellent preparation for graduate & professional school or the workplace.
- Sample timeline
- Important Dates and Deadlines
- Requirements and evaluation criteria
- Supervision and approval
- Credit and Honors Experiences
- Style and formatting
- Submitting your thesis
- Submitting to the Digital Conservancy
The thesis database is a searchable collection of over 6,000 theses, with direct access to more than 4,000 full-text theses in PDF format. The database—fully searchable by discipline, keyword, level of Latin Honors, and more—is available for student use in the UHP Office, 8am–4:30pm, Monday–Friday.
Thesis Forms & Documents
- Thesis Proposal Form (Legacy, for students who began UHP prior to fall 2018)
- Thesis Completion Form (Legacy, for students who began UHP prior to fall 2018)
- WorkflowGen (for students who began UHP fall 2018 or later)
- Title Page Template
Public Thesis Presentations
Public presentations are required for all students completing summa cum laude theses. Students completing theses at the cum laude and magna cum laude levels are also encouraged to take advantage of opportunities to present their work. NB: Some colleges and/or departments may require public presentation at all levels.